Sunday, March 26

Malingering *

I’m Malingering, I’m just hanging round...

We’ll, suppose I could go walk around the block,
I’ve been nursing this same dream since 9 o’clock,
The waitress looks at me, she has a little frown,
She knows I’m malingering, I’m just hanging round,

Well down town was looking good, a while ago,
And them lights in the rain, put on quite a show,
Well I’ve walked around once already, and walked around again,
And I haven’t seen nothing, well I haven’t seen nothing,

Well now there’s lots of stuff to do, back at my place,
When I get lonely like this, I just stare in space...
And I want to be around people, so I went down town,
And I’m just there malingering, I’m just hanging round,

Down town was looking good, a while ago,
Well them lights in the rain, they put on quite a show,
Well I’ve walked around once, and I’ve walked around again,
And I haven’t seen nothing, I haven’t seen nothing,

Well there’s lots of stuff to do, when I’m back in my home,
But I get too lonely and I just stay alone,
And I don’t do nothing, I just sit around (you know) feeling sorry for myself,
I want to hang around people, so I went ‘down town’,

I’m just malingering, I’m just hanging round,
Hanging round… hanging round.


An unreleased song performed at the Knitting Factory, New York, 24th October 1997


No comments:

Post a Comment