Sunday, March 27

She's a once in a Lifetime Girl *


Well she’s a once in a lifetime girl, and we can do anything and have fun,
And she’s funny… that too, and she’s soulful… that too,
So doesn’t it sound for like I’m talking myself into her?
Am I still scared or is something else wrong?

Or does it sound like I’m talking myself into her… with my song,
Talking myself into it… why should that be,
When it’s natural… her and me,

And she finds joy in all of her labours,
And she makes friends with all of her neighbours,
Talking myself into it… why would that be?
Talking myself into it… why so, when they love her wherever we go.

And our minds seem to work in the same way,
And most times we’re thinking the same thing,
Talking myself into it… why so?

Strange is the way this feels…whoa-oh,
I can’t tell you what is love, and I used to be so sure,
but now I don’t know my stuff,
Talking myself into it… why so?

Talking myself into it… why so?
She’s a once in a lifetime girl, we can do anything and have fun.

Performed at Shubas Tavern, Chicago, 3rd October 1999

*Unreleased song

No comments:

Post a Comment