Thursday, November 4

More from 1 November 2010: Jonathan Richman and Tommy Larkins at Bowery Ballroom


'When We Refuse to Suffer/Not So Much to Be Loved as to Love' Uploaded by Thelma Blitz


'I Was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar' uploaded by clairedelune49

Scotty G, Jojoblog comments: "last night was my first Jonathan Richman concert. Took place at the Bowery Ballroom in New York. And it absolutely astonished me, in every way. Somebody once said about the artist Robert Rauschenberg, "He knows how to arrive fresh at the scene of the accident he is about to create." Jonathan Richman has that ability: to arrive fresh, to maintain an open connection with the song and with the audience, to mix feather-light humor with cavern-deep emotion, and to convey all this via the simplest, truest musical means--honestly, I have never experienced anything quite like it. My god, the man is a genius!" read more!

Also see sarah's great first-time story here with a photo

WOW!  01-11-10 was a very good day to be in NYC!  

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Seriously, I want to have coffee with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 AM

    Does anybody know the poem he read as his encore at the Bell House on Tuesday? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete