Yes! New Jonathan Richman Album! and... only about a month away!!!
Set to release November 9, 2010, O Moon, Queen of the Night On Earth, will be released in both CD, and Vinyl formats.
1. Oh Moon, Queen of Night on Earth
2. These Bodies That Came To Cavort
3. If You Want to Leave Our Party Just Go
4. I Was The One She Came For
5. Sa Voix M'Atisse
6. We'll Be The Noise, We'll Be the Scandal
7. The Sea Was Calling Me Home
8. Winter Afternoon By BU in Boston
9. The Bitter Herb
10. Sa Voix M'Attise (reprise)
11. My Affected Accent
12. Even Though I Know I Am The Wind and The Sun, I?
13. The Sea Was Calling Me Home (reprise)
14. It Was Time For Me To Be With Her
- I'm guessing the album cover is painted by JR himself, and judging by some of the song titles it looks to be in line with a theme.
- "The Sea Was Calling Me Home" was originally listed as a sort of hidden track on "Not So Much To Be Loved As To Love", so I'm very curious as to how it will sound on this album.
- I asked him in February 2010 how the new album was going and he gave a signal like there was a long way to go, so I'm guessing (key word: guessing) that most of these songs were recorded very recently.
- I have live versions of several of these songs on icecoldnugrape.com if you want a preview. My personal opinion: The new songs are SUPERB! These Bodies is an fairly upbeat reflective piece about how we drag our bodies everywhere and don't listen to what they try to tell us. "I was the one she came for" I believe is what some had been calling "Hurricane When She Came", and sounds like it's about how his Wife teaches him new things all the time, and betters him as a person. "The Bitter Herb" reflects on how sometimes in life you must do painful things and chew a piece of the bitter herb. This is a favorite of a friend of mine, and he opened my eyes to the beauty of this songs a few days ago. If you've seen him live recently, there's a good chance that you've heard the song "My Affected Accent" and it's a highlight of the show.
O Moon, Queen of Night on Earth
November 9, 2010