Friday, October 28

Bring Back Springtime to the World of Nature*


Well now, nature itself must be sighing,
Watching all the animals, the way they’re dying…
Well there’s different kinds of birds won’t be there no more,
You can watch them, the whole kinds are dying.

I just don’t like the way that they’re tearing down the world,
Coz now folks… I love the world more and more,

It hurts my heart when they’re tearing up whole groves of trees,
Coz I love trees more than I ever did before,
So I say to god… god I want to help bring back the springtime of nature,

Meanwhile nature itself must be sighing,
Seeing different kinds of animals that it loves dying,

Well now there’s whole kinds of fish and birds that are there no more,
You can see them the way they are dying,
And it hurts my heart when they’re tearing down the world,
Now that I love the world, more and more,

I just don’t like the way they’re tearing up trees,
Coz I love trees more than I did before,
So I say to god… bring back springtime to the world of nature.




*An unreleased song, performed at Jonathan Swifts, Boston, 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment