Tuesday, July 19

My Heart was won by a Girl *

Now you’re a very pretty girl, you know…
And I’m glad you came backstage, that’s right,
Glad you came backstage, glad I know you,
But I don’t think you want to do, what you think you want to do,

Since my heart was won by that girl from Forestdale…
I love the world more than I did before, ohh - ohh!

Okay I love the world more, than I did before I met her… that’s right,
My heart has not slowed down… I never close the door,
To me that’s not what falling in love was put there for,

Since my heart was won by that girl from Forestdale…
It goes soft for the world, ohh - ohh…

Now you’re a very pretty girl, I’ll go further than that dear,
You’re a sexy, sexy girl…okay,
Glad you came back stage, glad I now know you,
But don’t think you really want to do, what you think you want to do,

My heart was won dear, by a girl from Forestdale…
And when my heart is in making love, that’s what I want, honey…

So, now, you’re a nice girl too, yeah,
Some boy should cherish you, okay?
The boy who wakes up next to you,
Should thank god above... that he’s slept next to you,

The way I get with my girl from Forestdale…
My heart was won by a girl… Ohh-ohh… Ohh- ohh!


Performed at Mississippi Nights, St Louis, 5th May 1982
(among other places)

*Unreleased Song

No comments:

Post a Comment