Saturday, September 18

vintage 1996

From: anthony
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 1996
Subject: Jojo: A question I've had for the last year and a half....

Having just subscribed to this list less than a week ago, this seems to be as good a time and place as to ask a question I've always been a little curious about. I'm especially curious since I saw no mention of this in your E-mail archive.....

I attended a Jojo concert at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor on the night of the 1995 Academy Awards, so I think it was late March. For his last song, Jojo said he was going to sing a song from his forthcoming album, and he proceeded to sing "You Must Ask GOD" (the exact same song as "YMATH", of course, except for the title). What can anybody tell me about this? It really shocked me when I heard it, because it was so overtly religious, and then I was surprised when I bought the CD a month later with a revised title. Wha'happen? Was this some sort of artistic compromise that made him leave Rounder? And why did he leave Rounder anyway???

So many questions... I appreciate anybody's help.

-- Anthony

###
Note: This is a vintage post from the old base.com list.

No comments:

Post a Comment