Friday, April 1

Jon Richman part 9

I ask Jonathan what his long term plans are. He has just bought his first car and is moving up to Maine.

"I'll keep singing live, I guess, unless things change a lot around here. My favorite places to play are in New England and up in Canada. That's where I feel most understood."

How does he feel about being a pop star?

Jonathan pauses. "In Europe I kind of am one. So it's fun. It's also fun that when I'm here I'm not one, you see? I like it either way. But I'm probably getting to like not being one better than being one. It's still a tossup. I enjoy both."

As a final question, I ask Jonathan which movie role he'd most like to play. He furrows his brow and says, "Jimmy Stewart parts."

to be continued

by Bill Flanagan Trouser Press November 1979

go back to part 8

No comments:

Post a Comment